The most common very early pregnancy signs are detailed below to help you solve the burning question – Am I pregnant?
These are all common pregnancy first signs. However, these pregnant symptoms can all be present, or you may only have a few of them. Some women report not having any very early pregnancy signs at all except for a positive pregnancy test.
1. Fatigue. Due to the increase in hormone levels, most women begin to feel extreme fatigue as one of their very early signs of conception.
2. Sore breasts and/or nipples. Many women feel that their breasts are fuller and more tender with their nipples being more sensitive during early pregnancy.
3. Cramping and/or bloating. This is another one of the common early signs of pregnancy and tends to feel very much like your period is coming.
4. Spotting. This light bleeding is called implantation spotting and is caused by the fertilized egg embedding into the lining of the uterus. Many women feel that their period is beginning, but it is actually one of their pregnancy first signs.
5. Nausea and/or vomiting. Normally, morning sickness won’t occur until about a month after conception, and some escape these pregnant symptoms altogether.
6. Increased urination. This symptom of early pregnancy occurs due to the increase in blood and other body fluids, which ends up being processed by the kidneys and ending up in the bladder. This increase in urination will most likely only worsen as your pregnancy progresses.
7. Missed period. This is one of the earliest pregnancy first signs, especially if your menstrual period is pretty regular. You may notice a missed period before any of the other signs of conception.
8. Increased sensitivity to odors. This early pregnancy symptom may be due to increased estrogen levels, but no one knows for sure.
9. Basal body temperature stays high. If you’re charting your basal body temperature, one of the very early pregnancy signs is a higher-than-normal temperature for that time of the month.
10. Positive pregnancy test. Most pregnancy tests will not detect very early pregnancy signs until your period is missed. If other pregnancy first signs are present and you still don’t have your period, test again in a few days.