Fertility Tips to Increase Fertility Naturally
Going about improving fertility can be tricky, so let’s talk about some specific ways to go about this task. If you’ve reached this page, most likely it’s because you’re looking for some getting pregnant tips and ways to increase fertility.
In order to increase fertility, we all need to start with the basics. I cover the basics on my Preconception page, but I’d like to go into more detail here about what to avoid as well as the best sexual positions for conception and other fertility tips for getting pregnant faster.
What to Avoid When Trying to Conceive:
- Some of the best infertility help I can give you is to quit smoking if you do. It is very dangerous for your health and will greatly diminish your chances of conception. Furthermore, you will most certainly want to stop smoking once you conceive to protect your unborn child.
- This goes doubly so for drugs. If you are using illicit drugs, including marijuana, even if only occasionally, stop now. Marijuana kills brain cells and is very harmful to your health – worse than cigarette smoking – and will greatly hinder your chances of conception and bringing forth a healthy child.
- Alcohol should be stopped as well when the goal is improving fertility. Although some believe it can help you relax and thus conceive more quickly, this has not been proven. It’s better to be safe and find other ways to relax (as explained below).
- Caffeine is believed to reduce fertility. It also is believed to be risky during pregnancy with an increased risk of miscarriage with more than very mild use. Caffeine’s effect on fertility and pregnancy is controversial – some believe it to be harmful in even small quantities and others believe it is fine with moderate use (up to three cups of coffee per day). But why take a chance, especially if you want to conceive quickly and avoid a potential miscarriage?
Caffeine is in chocolate, coffee, tea, and most sodas. Even decaffeinated coffee and tea (black and green) has a small amount of caffeine, so be aware of this when drinking. If you truly want to get pregnant more quickly, you should give up caffeine altogether for a better chance of increasing fertility.
If it’s too hard and you have a caffeine addiction, then wean down gradually in order to make it easier on yourself.
What about the best sexual positions for conception?
- If you want to work on improving fertility, position can be just as important as anything else. The missionary position (man on top) is widely believed to be the best position for getting pregnant. However, if you are healthy and your partner is healthy, then those healthy, vibrant sperm will make it to their destination! That’s what they were created to do.
- It is wise, however, for the woman to lie still for approximately 15-20 minutes after lovemaking in order to give those little guys a boost. It’s best to not go to the bathroom right away. However, don’t count on going to the bathroom right away to avoid pregnancy!
Other Ways of Improving Fertility
- Find ways to relax and have fun with your mate. If trying to conceive becomes a chore, then you will likely fight more often and be more stressed.
- Practice deep breathing to help relieve stress. What I do is inhale as deeply as I can with my mouth closed. Then I exhale slowly through my mouth. This is an instant stress reliever for me. Try it and see what it does for you!
- Go for leisurely walks on the beach or on a mountain trail – wherever you feel most relaxed and at peace.
Improving fertility doesn’t have to be that complicated. You just need to focus on what needs to be changed and commit to doing your best. In the end, you will find that it’s worth it, giving you better health and hopefully a wonderful child to bless your home!