It’s important for the male partner to get proper nutrients as well. Therefore, supplementation is usually a good idea. Here’s a list of the vitamins and minerals that men need in order to have optimal reproductive and sperm health. There are others, and dosages can be higher, but this is a guideline to get your started.
- Zinc – 30 mg per day
- Selenium – 100-200 micrograms
- CoQ10 – 200 mg
- Vitamin E – 150-400 IU
- Folate – 500 micrograms
- B12 – 25 micrograms
- Vitamin C – 250-500 mg
- L-carnitine – 3-4 grams
Fertility Foods For Men Containing Some of the Above Nutrients:
- Zinc (sperm quality): Pumpkin seeds, calf liver, oysters, clams, mussels, beef, lamb, venison, sesame seeds, yogurt, turkey, green peas, shrimp
- Selenium (sperm creation): Liver, snapper, cod, halibut, tuna, salmon, sardines, shrimp, crimini mushrooms, turkey, Brazil nuts
- CoQ10 (sperm motility): Seafood and organ meats
- Vitamin E (sperm health and motility): Sunflower seeds, almonds, olives, spinach, papaya, dark leafy greens
- B12 (sperm count): Clams, oysters, muscles, liver, caviar (fish eggs), fish, crab, lobster, beef, lamb, cheese, eggs
FertilAid For Men includes all of these nutrients as well as maca and ginseng for optimal fertility for your man.
You can purchase FertilAid For Men here from Fairhaven Health, one of my trusted partners.
This post is an excerpt from my book “The Best Fertility Herbs & Superfoods For Faster Conception.” You can read more about the book here.